1/14/20

Aeronauts

Amazon prime taking my time again this cold January day TAZ. Wish you were here or at least in the world. This flic is out of this world. Some awkward moments -- seems the directing -- but also some pulse propellelent in this based on a true story account of a scientist and a balloon pilot in the Victorian era who risk life and limb and skin (frostbite!) to ascend higher than any human has before through layers of atmosphere and mechanical and atmospheric perils.

I like Eddie Redmaye but he seems the wrong actor for the role. Perhaps I've seen too much of him too. Felicity Jones is bouyant and brave and fits her role better, an the Amelia Arehart bravado. 

Lovely scenery and very good photography. Good for this grey day/week. Patel stands out as the best friend and supporter. I'd rather he have been the lead. The score worked well. I'm glad I didn't pay for it (I get prime with my phone), but it was worth the time, engaging if not memorable. Giving it 3 1/2 stars. The 1/2 is for her shoe. And what she did with it.

Warning: Vertigo moments