6/8/18

Ocean's 8

I'm not sure if you liked Ocean's 11 Jamarr, but I did and I think you'd agree Ocean's 8 is a disappointment. I wanted to like it, because I like Bullock and Blanchett, and Rihanna seemed as sharp in the previews as other supersmart geek heisters but I don't think they used her as they might have. It all feels pretty corny.  I usually enjoy a heist caper but the ensemble and script have to have more chemistry and speed.

Were Blanchett and Bullock lovers or not? Did every single detail HAVE to go exactly as planned? And SOOO much money, with a little side heist we didn't know about, in fact that most of the 8 didn't know about, until after the fact. And the reveal -- no wonder in it.

I tried to laugh at the quippy banter, mainly because I'd dragged along your son Ahmad and was trying to make it fun. But, Lord, what a lame script.

So you didn't miss much when you missed this one Taz. Still wish you were here though to spice up our critique. Oh, did I mention No Action. Whatsoever. I figure you'd give this one a Aah. Imma agree and give it 2 stars. I just asked Mahd (he's living with me now). He said 2, too. So...But luckily we got in free. I had enough points on my regal card and someone had given him a free coupon. Nice huh?

Hey heist movie -- where was the action??